What is involved in Social IT Management
Find out what the related areas are that Social IT Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Social IT Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Social IT Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social IT Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social IT Management related domains to cover and 100 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social IT Management, Social project management, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Activity stream, Agile software development, Ambient awareness, Collaborative software, Critical-path method, Information Overload, PRINCE2, Project management, Project management 2.0, Project portfolio management, Social business software, Social intelligence, Social media, Web 2.0:
Social IT Management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Social IT Management decisions and separate what are the business goals Social IT Management is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Social IT Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– For your Social IT Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we Improve Social IT Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Social project management Critical Criteria:
Merge Social project management visions and point out improvements in Social project management.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Social IT Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Social IT Management project?
– What about Social IT Management Analysis of results?
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge Critical Criteria:
Disseminate A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge risks and tour deciding if A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge progress is made.
– Think about the functions involved in your Social IT Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Social IT Management opportunities costing us money?
– What business benefits will Social IT Management goals deliver if achieved?
Activity stream Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Activity stream risks and track iterative Activity stream results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Social IT Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Social IT Management that make it risky?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
X-ray Agile software development outcomes and transcribe Agile software development as tomorrows backbone for success.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– What are the best software metrics for discerning Agile (vs. non-Agile) process effects on teams artifacts?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– How do we Lead with Social IT Management in Mind?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
Ambient awareness Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Ambient awareness outcomes and handle a jump-start course to Ambient awareness.
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Frame Collaborative software issues and innovate what needs to be done with Collaborative software.
– When a Social IT Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What vendors make products that address the Social IT Management needs?
– How will you measure your Social IT Management effectiveness?
Critical-path method Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Critical-path method visions and adjust implementation of Critical-path method.
– what is the best design framework for Social IT Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Social IT Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Information Overload Critical Criteria:
Sort Information Overload planning and sort Information Overload activities.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Social IT Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Social IT Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Social IT Management project?
PRINCE2 Critical Criteria:
Focus on PRINCE2 strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive PRINCE2 projects.
– A lot of these decisions are based around selecting the correct level of governance and ceremony. At project initiation there should be questions such as Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Social IT Management in a volatile global economy?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Social IT Management project?
– Do we run this as a full-on PRINCE2 project or do we use some of DSDM for this?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– Do we have past Social IT Management Successes?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Project management governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Project management services.
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– What project management certifications do you hold?
– How much project management is needed?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Needs project management?
– Who is a customer?
Project management 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Guard Project management 2.0 visions and describe which business rules are needed as Project management 2.0 interface.
– How do we Identify specific Social IT Management investment and emerging trends?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Social IT Management move?
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
X-ray Project portfolio management results and test out new things.
– Among the Social IT Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Does Social IT Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is the purpose of Social IT Management in relation to the mission?
– What is project portfolio management?
Social business software Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Social business software adoptions and get the big picture.
– How will you know that the Social IT Management project has been successful?
– What are the business goals Social IT Management is aiming to achieve?
– What are specific Social IT Management Rules to follow?
Social intelligence Critical Criteria:
Pilot Social intelligence governance and cater for concise Social intelligence education.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Social IT Management. How do we gain traction?
– What is the value of integrating social intelligence listening and engagement into the CRM your business is using?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Social IT Management study?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Social media quality and proactively manage Social media risks.
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Which of the following are reasons you use social media when it comes to Customer Service?
– In the past year, have you utilized social media to get a Customer Service response?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How does social media redefine business intelligence?
– How is social media changing category management?
– Is social media a better investment than SEO?
Web 2.0 Critical Criteria:
Grade Web 2.0 failures and mentor Web 2.0 customer orientation.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Social IT Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Social IT Management process available?
– What are our Social IT Management Processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social IT Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Social IT Management External links:
Overview: Use Social IT Management to Support IT …
Social project management External links:
Social Project Management | P3A – p3acorp.com
Facilitate Teamwork with Social Project Management – YouTube
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge External links:
Available in: Paperback. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) —Fifth Edition reflects the collaboration and
[PDF]A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge
Activity stream External links:
Activity Stream in the Blackboard App | Blackboard Help
Activity Streams 2.0 Core – World Wide Web Consortium
Activity Streams Working Group: JSON Activity Streams 1.0
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
Ambient awareness External links:
Ambient Awareness – Cyborg Anthropology
Ambient awareness: From random noise to digital …
Collaborative software External links:
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Information Overload External links:
Information overload (DVD video, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Information overload (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Information Overload | R2 Digital Library
PRINCE2 External links:
Prince2 Foundation Flashcards | Quizlet
Scrum Prince2 Agile PMP PMI BA Lean Training Dublin
Project management 2.0 External links:
Administrator’s Guide Document Version: 1.0 – 2017-06-09 PUBLIC Administrator’s Guide: SAP Commercial Project Management 2.0 for SAP S/4HANA, Support Pack
http://SAP Commercial Project Management 2.0 for S/4HANA – …
Project portfolio management External links:
Project Portfolio Management Software | Deltek PPM
Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management …
Eclipse Project Portfolio Management – Login
Social business software External links:
Social Business Software Free Trial – Axero Solutions
Social intelligence External links:
ListenFirst Media – Social Intelligence, Made Simple
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
Web 2.0 External links:
web 2.0 lawyer
9 Inventions Edison Did Not Make – Jawad on Web 2.0
Web 2.0 Military Style | Article | The United States Army