What is involved in Computing platform
Find out what the related areas are that Computing platform connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computing platform thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computing platform journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computing platform leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computing platform related domains to cover and 147 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computing platform, DEC Alpha, Windows Phone, Apple Inc., Third platform, Excel macro, Classic Mac OS, Motorola 68000 family, Java ME, Video game console, Java SE, Computer network, Adobe Flash, Cluster computing, Web browser, Berkeley Software Distribution, Open Web Platform, Software framework, Personal computer hardware, Windows Mobile, Midrange computer, Cloud computing, Microsoft Windows, Platform as a Service, Adobe AIR, Mozilla Prism, Raspberry Pi, Microsoft XNA, Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, Palm OS, Tru64 UNIX, SAP NetWeaver, Virtual machine, Computing platform, Commodity computing, Embedded Linux, Java virtual machine, AmigaOS 4, Computer architecture, ARM architecture, Dr. Dobbs, S-100 bus, Microsoft Office, Java EE, Cocoa Touch, Computer hardware, Adobe Shockwave:
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Deduce Computing platform adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Computing platform activities?
– What are the short and long-term Computing platform goals?
– What threat is Computing platform addressing?
DEC Alpha Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap DEC Alpha tasks and stake your claim.
– In the case of a Computing platform project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Computing platform project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Computing platform project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the disruptive Computing platform technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Computing platform?
Windows Phone Critical Criteria:
Jump start Windows Phone decisions and reduce Windows Phone costs.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Computing platform in a volatile global economy?
– Why is Computing platform important for you now?
– What is Effective Computing platform?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Infer Apple Inc. issues and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Apple Inc. projects.
– How do we measure improved Computing platform service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Computing platform leaders?
Third platform Critical Criteria:
Adapt Third platform failures and tour deciding if Third platform progress is made.
– For your Computing platform project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Computing platform, including any consulting or professional services?
– How important is Computing platform to the user organizations mission?
Excel macro Critical Criteria:
Trace Excel macro tactics and attract Excel macro skills.
– Among the Computing platform product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Computing platform?
Classic Mac OS Critical Criteria:
Confer over Classic Mac OS projects and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Computing platform products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What are our needs in relation to Computing platform skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Computing platform opportunities costing us money?
Motorola 68000 family Critical Criteria:
Categorize Motorola 68000 family visions and develop and take control of the Motorola 68000 family initiative.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Computing platform services/products?
– Is maximizing Computing platform protection the same as minimizing Computing platform loss?
– Can we do Computing platform without complex (expensive) analysis?
Java ME Critical Criteria:
Test Java ME failures and correct Java ME management by competencies.
– what is the best design framework for Computing platform organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Are there recognized Computing platform problems?
Video game console Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Video game console governance and work towards be a leading Video game console expert.
– How likely is the current Computing platform plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Computing platform Management?
– Do we all define Computing platform in the same way?
Java SE Critical Criteria:
Merge Java SE goals and define what do we need to start doing with Java SE.
– Think about the people you identified for your Computing platform project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computing platform processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Computing platform process?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Computer network planning and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Computer network.
– Which customers cant participate in our Computing platform domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Do we have past Computing platform Successes?
Adobe Flash Critical Criteria:
Merge Adobe Flash goals and get going.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Computing platform objectives?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Computing platform?
– How do we manage Computing platform Knowledge Management (KM)?
Cluster computing Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Cluster computing visions and overcome Cluster computing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will provide the final approval of Computing platform deliverables?
– Does our organization need more Computing platform education?
– Why are Computing platform skills important?
Web browser Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Web browser management and slay a dragon.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Computing platform models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Does Computing platform systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Berkeley Software Distribution Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Berkeley Software Distribution governance and sort Berkeley Software Distribution activities.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computing platform processes?
– Is there any existing Computing platform governance structure?
Open Web Platform Critical Criteria:
Boost Open Web Platform quality and define what do we need to start doing with Open Web Platform.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Computing platform process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Computing platform process available?
– Consider your own Computing platform project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Software framework Critical Criteria:
Confer re Software framework decisions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software framework information.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Computing platform leader?
– How will you know that the Computing platform project has been successful?
– How would one define Computing platform leadership?
Personal computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Personal computer hardware risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Personal computer hardware.
– What are the key elements of your Computing platform performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Computing platform?
– How can you measure Computing platform in a systematic way?
Windows Mobile Critical Criteria:
Judge Windows Mobile goals and correct better engagement with Windows Mobile results.
– What vendors make products that address the Computing platform needs?
Midrange computer Critical Criteria:
Gauge Midrange computer tasks and intervene in Midrange computer processes and leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Computing platform information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Use past Cloud computing results and change contexts.
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Computing platform delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What are the security issues around cloud computing?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– What Is the Lifecycle Services Framework?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Infer Microsoft Windows projects and slay a dragon.
– How is the value delivered by Computing platform being measured?
Platform as a Service Critical Criteria:
Align Platform as a Service outcomes and integrate design thinking in Platform as a Service innovation.
– Is Computing platform dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Will Computing platform deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How do we keep improving Computing platform?
Adobe AIR Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Adobe AIR adoptions and find answers.
– Is Supporting Computing platform documentation required?
– Is a Computing platform Team Work effort in place?
Mozilla Prism Critical Criteria:
Unify Mozilla Prism tasks and achieve a single Mozilla Prism view and bringing data together.
– What are the usability implications of Computing platform actions?
Raspberry Pi Critical Criteria:
Adapt Raspberry Pi tasks and shift your focus.
Microsoft XNA Critical Criteria:
Categorize Microsoft XNA management and report on developing an effective Microsoft XNA strategy.
– Do the Computing platform decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Who needs to know about Computing platform ?
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing Critical Criteria:
Investigate Free On-line Dictionary of Computing management and devote time assessing Free On-line Dictionary of Computing and its risk.
– When a Computing platform manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Have all basic functions of Computing platform been defined?
– Are there Computing platform problems defined?
Palm OS Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Palm OS risks and attract Palm OS skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Computing platform is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Computing platform agendas for the next 3 years?
Tru64 UNIX Critical Criteria:
Test Tru64 UNIX tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Tru64 UNIX interface.
– What is the purpose of Computing platform in relation to the mission?
– What business benefits will Computing platform goals deliver if achieved?
SAP NetWeaver Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re SAP NetWeaver governance and research ways can we become the SAP NetWeaver company that would put us out of business.
– What are current Computing platform Paradigms?
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Depict Virtual machine management and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– Does Computing platform analysis show the relationships among important Computing platform factors?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– How do we Improve Computing platform service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Computing platform failures and tour deciding if Computing platform progress is made.
– What are all of our Computing platform domains and what do they do?
– How can skill-level changes improve Computing platform?
Commodity computing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Commodity computing visions and secure Commodity computing creativity.
Embedded Linux Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Embedded Linux projects and change contexts.
– Does Computing platform create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Computing platform? There might be some that are less obvious?
Java virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Java virtual machine risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Java virtual machine projects.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Computing platform project?
AmigaOS 4 Critical Criteria:
Examine AmigaOS 4 engagements and remodel and develop an effective AmigaOS 4 strategy.
Computer architecture Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Computer architecture governance and gather practices for scaling Computer architecture.
– How can you negotiate Computing platform successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computing platform forward?
ARM architecture Critical Criteria:
Give examples of ARM architecture decisions and observe effective ARM architecture.
– How can we improve Computing platform?
Dr. Dobbs Critical Criteria:
Learn from Dr. Dobbs governance and point out Dr. Dobbs tensions in leadership.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computing platform strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
S-100 bus Critical Criteria:
Trace S-100 bus engagements and reduce S-100 bus costs.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Computing platform processes?
Microsoft Office Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Microsoft Office tactics and triple focus on important concepts of Microsoft Office relationship management.
– Which of my PCs can run Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, and Office 365?
– Is the Microsoft Office Excel add-in registered correctly?
– Are we Assessing Computing platform and Risk?
Java EE Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Java EE results and sort Java EE activities.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computing platform objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Who sets the Computing platform standards?
Cocoa Touch Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cocoa Touch management and report on setting up Cocoa Touch without losing ground.
– Does Computing platform analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer hardware visions and overcome Computer hardware skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Computing platform product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– To what extent does management recognize Computing platform as a tool to increase the results?
Adobe Shockwave Critical Criteria:
Adapt Adobe Shockwave governance and integrate design thinking in Adobe Shockwave innovation.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Computing platform process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computing platform Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computing platform External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
Cognitive Computing Platform – kingland.com
DEC Alpha External links:
DEC Alpha CPU – Home | Facebook
DEC Alpha – definition of DEC Alpha by The Free Dictionary
Windows Phone External links:
Get started with Windows Phone – support.microsoft.com
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc. – AAPL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Third platform External links:
What Is the Third Platform? Webopedia Definition
Third Platform – Home | Facebook
Excel macro External links:
Excel Macro Recorder – EASY Excel VBA
Excel VBA MsgBox – EASY Excel Macros
Classic Mac OS External links:
9 Classic Mac OS Tiling Wallpapers – osxdaily.com
Classic Mac OS Finder
James Friend | PCE.js – Classic Mac OS in the Browser
Motorola 68000 family External links:
Motorola 68000 family – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Motorola 68000 family&item_type=topic
Microprocessors – Motorola 68000 Family – MyPearsonStore
Xenix and the Motorola 68000 family – ScienceDirect
Java ME External links:
Photos for Java Me Up – Yelp
[PDF]NUTRITIONAL FACTS Java Me Up 18 Count Coffee …
Video game console External links:
Ataribox Retro Video Game Console & Entertainment System
Java SE External links:
OCA Java SE 7: Inheritance Flashcards | Quizlet
Java SE Development Kit (JDK) Download – softpedia.com
http://www.softpedia.com › … › Debuggers/Decompilers/Disassemblers
Adobe Flash External links:
Adobe Flash | Division of Information Technology
Adobe Flash Player Download
Adobe – Adobe Flash – Downloads
Cluster computing External links:
Cluster Computing – Springer
Cluster computing (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Cluster computing. (eJournal / eMagazine, 1998) …
Web browser External links:
Download Firefox — Free Web Browser – Mozilla
Chrome Web Browser – Google Chrome
Clear your web browser’s cache, cookies, and history
Berkeley Software Distribution External links:
Berkeley Software Distribution – Quora
Berkeley Software Distribution • r/BSD – reddit
What is BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution)?
Open Web Platform External links:
open web platform | Ido Green
Open Web Platform – Home | Facebook
Contributing to the Open Web Platform – meetup.com
Software framework External links:
What is Software Framework? – Definition from Techopedia
Windows Mobile External links:
MyMobiler for Windows Mobile – MyMobiler Android …
Midrange computer External links:
midrange computer Definition from PC Magazine Encyclope…
Wisconsin Midrange Computer Professional Association – …
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Microsoft Windows External links:
Creating a Password Reset Disk in Microsoft Windows Vista
Platform as a Service External links:
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service | SaaS Platform
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
VPaaS – Video Platform as a Service | Kaltura
Adobe AIR External links:
As Adobe has focused on Flash Player development in the aftermath of the rise of HTML5, it hasn’t ignored its other content-delivery system: Adobe AIR. AIR 3
Adobe AIR | Deploy applications across platforms and devices
What is Adobe AIR | Frequently asked questions
Mozilla Prism External links:
Mozilla Prism: Stuck In The Middle With UI — SitePoint
Raspberry Pi External links:
RetroPie – Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi
Pi My Life Up – 70+ DIY Raspberry Pi Projects & Guides
Raspberry Pi GPIO Pinout
Microsoft XNA External links:
Download Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 …
c# – Can Microsoft XNA run on Windows 10? – Stack Overflow
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing External links:
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing – WOW.com
FOLDOC: Free On-Line Dictionary of Computing – Docs.com
Free On-line Dictionary of Computing from FOLDOC
Palm OS External links:
Palm OS sync software – CompanionLink Software
Upgrade your Palm OS – TechRepublic
Developers | Palm Source – Palm Software and Palm OS
Tru64 UNIX External links:
http://Tru64 UNIX is a 64-bit UNIX operating system for the Alpha instruction set architecture (ISA), currently owned by Hewlett-Packard (HP). Previously, Tru64 UNIX was a product of Compaq, and before that, Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC), where it was known as Digital UNIX (formerly DEC OSF/1 AXP).
Skill Pages – Tru64 UNIX | Dice.com
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
VMware vCenter Converter: P2V Virtual Machine Converter
Computing platform External links:
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
In-Memory Computing Platform | GigaSpaces
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Commodity computing External links:
[PDF]Commodity Computing Clusters at Goddard Space …
What is Commodity Computing? – Definition from Techopedia
Gigaom | Commodity Computing, Still the King
Embedded Linux External links:
Raspberry Pi with embedded Linux made by Yocto | Udemy
Embedded Linux Distributions – eLinux.org
Java virtual machine External links:
Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Critical Metrics You Need to Track
AmigaOS 4 External links:
Why use Amiga in 2011? (AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, AROS, …
Computer architecture External links:
Computer Architecture | Department of Computer Science
Computer Architecture/Software Engineering
Computer Architecture Flashcards | Quizlet
ARM architecture External links:
ARM Architecture Fundamentals video – YouTube
Dr. Dobbs External links:
Dr. Dobbs Announces His Upcoming Retirement – TFSD
M. James Dobbs D.M.D., P.C. – Meet Dr. Dobbs
S-100 bus External links:
S-100 Bus Probe – YouTube
8804 S-100 Bus Plugbord™ | Vector Electronics
Microsoft Office External links:
Free Templates for Microsoft Office Suite – Office Templates
Microsoft Office Publisher 2010 helps you create, personalize, and share a wide range of publications and marketing materials in-house. New and improved
Free Trial Download, Try Microsoft Office 365 Products
Java EE External links:
PrimeFaces | Ultimate UI Framework for Java EE
Cocoa Touch External links:
1. Introduction to Mac OS X and Cocoa Touch – YouTube
1. Introduction to Mac OS X and Cocoa Touch.flv – Google Drive
cocoa touch – Cookies in UIWebView – Stack Overflow
Computer hardware External links:
[H]ardOCP Computer Hardware Reviews and News
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Adobe Shockwave External links:
Adobe Shockwave Player
Adobe Shockwave Player
Adobe – Test Adobe Shockwave Player